IBM has concluded the Beta and has now released the IBM Domino Mobile Apps client for iPad to the iOS App Store! This means that you can now run your Domino apps natively on an iPad!
You can go ahead and download it directly to your iPad HERE.
Before installing the Domino Mobile app on your device, make sure that you’ve met the following specifications (unless you’re a Prominic customer):
- For the products you access using this App, you agree to obtain and maintain from IBM a) active Subscription and Support and b) the appropriate enterprise Client Access License.
- iOS 11.4+ or 12.1+ installed on your iPad.
- IBM Domino 9.0.1 or 10.x or later server that you can access through a virtual private network (VPN) or over the internet.
- SmartCloud Notes mail users: You must copy your Notes ID file to your iPad. For information, see Setting up Domino Mobile Apps in the cloud.
- On-premises users: If your ID file is in an ID vault, it is downloaded automatically during setup. If your ID file is not in an ID vault, you’ll need to copy it to your iPad as described in Setting up Domino Mobile Apps on-premises.
Prominic customers need only to download and install the app on their device. They will be able to access any Domino app they can normally open on desktop. Easy!
There are a few limitations to the Domino client on iPad yet:
- The Notes® mail application (based on the standard mail template) is not supported.
- Sharing attachments with other entities such as other iOS applications is not supported.
- Custom actions that are defined for the drop-down action menu are not available.
- Importing images into Notes rich text fields is not supported.
- Domino Mobile Apps network requests are limited to 10 seconds. If latency between the client and a Domino server causes network operations to exceed this limit, then normal operations can fail.
- The Notes Workspace is not supported.
- Roaming is not supported.
This has been long time coming and we are seriously excited about this great step in the promised Domino 10 roadmap!
If you have any questions about running your Domino apps on mobile or natively on Mac / Linux, feel free to reach out to us via phone or email.