Sametime v11 is one of the most anticipated products in the December release by HCL. It has definitely been generating a lot of buzz in the Domino community. Collabsphere 2019 brought us some very interesting presentations on the topic, enabling us to dive into what Sametime 11 brings.
Without further ado, here’s what’s new in HCL Sametime 11:
- Simplified, user-oriented look: Cleaner, modernized UI
- Sametime V11 Community server with 64-bit support
- Sametime V11 Proxy server, which is simpler to install and maintain and also comes with a new modern look for Web Chat client
- Updated rich clients
- Click to Meet feature
- Available in both web chat client and rich client.
- Lets you start a meeting through a Third-party conferencing application from the chat conversation.
- The Launch Meeting and Send Invitation option appears as a button on the chat conversation window.
- A pop-up window displays, to configure the External Meeting Provider
You might also wonder what other updates were implemented since V10. First and foremost, you don’t have DB2 and Websphere dependency. One other thing is that you now have 64-bit support for Sametime Community Server and a simplified Sametime Proxy Server instalation.
Sametime 11 comes with these component included to ensure an easy deploy:
- Community Server
- Proxy Server
- New Web Client
- Windows Standalone Client
- Mac Standalone Client
- Notes V11 embedded client
So, now that you decided you want to give Sametime 11 a try, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Install Domino V11
- Setup Domino V11
- Install MongoDB
- Configure MongoDB
- Install Sametime Community Server V11
You can find all the System requirements here.
The Installation and Administration Guide can be found here.
For more details on the matter here is the Presenting Sametime V11 – Jumpstart your deployment! presentation from Ginni Saini.