Domino V12 is on its way, and HCL wanted to show us all part of what is next and an overview of the Beta Program during a cool webinar.
The Beta program is available to all Domino customers, you can go ahead and download the beta software today and take it for a spin. Its purpose is to get some feedback from customers and users which will help identify bugs. Also, it will be a great test drive for your environment and your apps.
Here is the timeline for the Beta Program:
The components that are there are:
- Domino on Docker
- Domino for Windows, Linux, AIX
- Traveler for Windows, Linux, AIX
- Notes Standard for Windows
- Notes Standard for Mac
- Designer and Admin Client
Domino V12 Beta 2 Highlights:
- Notes Client
- New Improved Workspace
- Choose a different “From” address when composing an email
- Cascaded installation for languages
- Silent/1click Domino Install – using JSON configuration file and script – Added in Beta 2 – create/update databases and documents
- Native Support for Let’s Encrypt
- Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) for 2FA
- Domino Designer
- Responsive Application on different devices
- Bootstrap 4 support for XPages
- Additional View List Styling
The Notes 12 Beta promises to be a lot faster and also offers an upgrade in look and feel, including a brand new workspace.
One other great idea that was put into action is the ability to copy the format of a text when writing an email. Just one click on a button and you are done.
This new version of Domino also offers a simplified method of managing your SSL certificates.