A new version of HCL Domino Volt, v 1.0.3 came out in a scheduled quarterly release on April 28th. In the launch webinar, HCL did an overview of the most useful new features.
The main goal of HCL Domino Volt is to help non-developers create the apps they need for their everyday work without needing a huge team of developers to achieve that.
HCL Domino Volt 1.0.3 Highlights:
One of the great new features introduced by HCL Domino Volt 1.0.3 is App Pages:
- Page for viewing / interacting with information
- No data schema, participation in stages or submit buttons
- Can add display, data items, data grid, HTML fragments to the page
- Can use rules
- Can uses services
- Includes JS API functions
One other improvement is the Navigation:
- Button properties to select page in form or app page
- Link properties to select any page or form in app
- Move towards URI fragments and Single Page App
You can now do more with your Domino investment with the help of HCL Domino Volt. You now have the ability to take data from your application and create a new document in a Domino database. You can also update or delete a document. You also have the ability of selecting and running an Agent. The integration can be triggered by any event in Volt.
The webinar had some great demos of these new features so make sure to watch the replay if you want to see more.
The second big thing brought by HCL Domino Volt 1.0.3 is Domino Volt Link. You now have:
- Link integration
- Link license entitlement and software for use with Domino Volt
- Link can be downloaded and installed on Windows, Linux or Docker.
Domino Volt Link offers you adapters which provide integration with:
Here is a list of the Link Adapters:
Domino Volt Link Personas
Here are the advantages you have when using Link as opposed to using just HCL Domino Volt’s native integration capabilities:
- Easier to define
- IT governed and managed
- Simplified OAuth exchange
- Defined with the connection
- Manages the OAuth token, credentials, etc.
- Create one Connection with many Actions
- Adapters for Salesforce, ServiceNow, Odata add more value
- Ability to understand the source structure
- Link can connect with non-REST sources, for example
If you have not tried HCL Domino Volt you can just go to the Sandbox and take it for a spin. Also, on May 19th HCL has planned a deep dive session for HCL Link so make sure to sign-up for that as well.
If you have any questions about HCL Domino Volt just drop us a line so we can have a chat.